As the name suggests, Northfield Business and Logistics Park is strategically located north of Durban in the Riverhorse Valley precinct. This new logistics hub is being developed on one of the last remaining portions of vacant land adjoining the N2 and earthworks have now commenced after four years of planning, feasibilities and market research.
The development offers exceptional opportunity for exposure onto the N2 along with easy access off major routes. The planned “A Grade” business and logistics park is extremely accessible for logistics operators, set within 20km of King Shaka International Airport and 18km from the port of Durban.
The business park is being designed to cater to the unique requirements of logistics operators for ease of distribution and transport.
Key features of the 30 hectare development include:
- Opportunities for exposure onto the N2 freeway
- Gated business park with 24 hour monitoring and access control
- Warehouses designed to cater for logistics tenants with 12 – 15m eave height for racking
- Dock levellers and canopies for ease of loading and offloading
- Yard and site access specifically designed for truck circulation and accessibility
- FM2 concrete flooring designed for sustainability
- Upmarket offices associated with warehousing
- Ample 3 phase power
Portions of the site are set to be sold in 2019 to developers or logistics operators seeking turnkey warehousing solutions, while phase 1 has commenced with opportunities for leasing warehouses of various sizes.
JT Ross Property Group is an experienced logistics developer, evident in numerous logistics and business parks in South Africa, notably Riverside Business Park in Durban and Plumbago Business and Logistics Park in Johannesburg.